Morten Storgaard (Passive Income Geek)
“When I saw what affiliate marketing can do and finally decided to turn on display ads, it all clicked and I saw the crazy potential with websites.“
published: March 26, 2022
1. Where do you live?
2. When did you start creating content?
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, full time for 5-6 years.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online.
When I saw what affiliate marketing can do and finally decided to turn on display ads, it all clicked and I saw the crazy potential with websites.
5. How many niche sites have you created?
Probably 30 sites and on top of that I’ve created e-commerce sites in the photo printing and board game niches.
6. How many are you still running now?
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
Yes, I’ve sold a good deal of sites. Mainly smaller sites to focus on my bigger assets. I sold a pet site at 30x which was also shared publicly on my youtube channel here. I wanted to focus on the sites with the best ROI per article.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
Oh, too many to count! I tested a lot of stuff a decade ago and most failed. This was before there were any great courses to teach you stuff and youtube channels 😀
9. How much are you earning each month?
- Mid-5 Figures
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
- Digital Products & Courses
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
1) Going after underserved topics. I dive deep into the topics and find stuff that no one wrote about.
2) Going after very similar topics (building a silo, cluster, or we can just call it a category).
3) Getting STRAIGHT to the point to deliver value immediately and keep the user engaged.
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
I’m working on some indexing issues for the first time and testing different methods, but other than that I think the increasing competition in the blogging space is making it harder to find good writers via the traditional freelancer sites.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
I don’t use tools much but I do use Ahrefs from time to time. I also use Screaming Frog to make sure my sites are 100% clean in terms of broken links and stuff.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
It was probably to launch digital products without split testing the sales page until after a year. I found some really good tweaks, that were really obvious when you think about it. Adding testimonials and clear call-to-action raised the conversion rate significantly!
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
To go full-time, for sure! I was a full-time (well, I only worked 20 hr /week as we traveled a lot) as an SEO consultant at the time and just needed to pull the plug. But the money in SEO consulting was really good so I lingered too long.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Seeing how income school grew sites from scratch with no link building was a good eye-opener. I stopped building links to my established sites before that but building new sites from scratch with no links was something I hadn’t tested.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
This year is a weird year as we’re moving to a new city and selling our house. So I’m hoping for a bit of growth in Q1 and Q2 and in the second part of the year, I hope to grow more. But I don’t really set goals like this anymore as I’ve blown past them for the past couple of years anyway. I know I should just produce more and better content, and that’s what I focus on.
18. How do you stay up to date on the SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
I do a lot of testing and I’m in a couple of groups with big publishers. We keep each other sharp and share what we learn.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
Oh, I LOVE Asian salads! with spices and sour stuff!
20. Where can people follow you?
Blog – passiveincomegeek.com
YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PassiveIncomeGeek