“So that’s the best decision(s) I made – to follow my heart, be myself, live a life without regrets, and be committed every second I take a breath.”
published: July 2, 2022
1. Where do you live?
I live in Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria. Bulgaria is one of Europe’s leading IT hubs. We are attracting a lot of foreigners to work and live here. We have a beautiful country with ski resorts, mountains, and the seaside. The social life is excellent, and compared to other EU countries, the cost of a higher quality of life is more affordable.
2. When did you start creating content?
I first started creating content around 2014. That’s when I realized that “9 to 5” won’t work for me for the long ride, and I had to figure out my way out of the corporate world.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, I am a full-time creator. It’s been 30 months since I quit my day-to-day job (yay!). Before that, I had my off-and-on periods working as a full-time creator and leading the marketing and growth department for a small Bulgarian tech startup.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online?
I am the type of person who can be super destructive when it comes to pursuing my life goals. I knew I couldn’t have a day-to-day job for a long time. So maybe a year after I landed my first corporate job, I started saving money aggressively. Two years later, I quit my job with cash in my bank account for at least a year. And that was the Click moment – find a way to earn money online, so I don’t have to return to the status quo.
5. How many niche sites or online businesses have you created?
I had a lot! Mostly failed businesses, but let me see. I had an online shopping website for re-selling organic lip balms. I learned a little bit of code at one point, so I was selling custom-made templates for Weebly websites. And from there, I went all in to building niche websites.
6. How many are you still running now?
I am actively running 6 niche websites.
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
Yes, I have sold some of my niche websites. In terms of ROI – I have returned my initial investment, plus perhaps 50% more. But I don’t have a big exit because my goal is to have a website that I can sell for at least 7-figures. So until that moment comes, I am holding on to my big earners.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
At least 5 for sure.
9. How much are you earning each month?
- $5,001 – $10,000
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
I don’t think that I have top on-page SEO strategies. But I pay attention to where I should include my main keyword, how to answer questions, and internal linking. Also, I like aesthetically good-looking posts. I will edit a post until I think it is aesthetically pleasing.
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
The biggest issue I face today is that Beyonce won’t give me her 24 hours so I can have more for myself! 🙂
Joke aside, I accept and find ways to deal with whatever obstacles come my way.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
My number one tool is Ahrefs. I probably use it as often as Google search. Also, I try to use a lot of my brain.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
The biggest mistake I’ve made is yet to be revealed next week. But it is related to the topical structure on one of my niche websites.
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Follow my heart and be myself.
A life without regrets regardless of consequences.
That’s how I wanted to live.
Have I been committed?
So that’s the best decision(s) I made – to follow my heart, be myself, live a life without regrets, and be committed every second I take a breath.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
The thing that helped me the most to grow, personally and professionally, was that I became a student of Stoicism and Psychology. Why did I choose these two disciplines? Psychology will teach you who you are, and Stoicism will teach you how to use the “I” in your life.
And if you know who you are and what you are doing in this world, then you will follow your heart, you will be yourself, you will live a life without regrets, and you will be committed every second you take a breath.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
My 12-month goal is what my forever goal is—to keep building a profitable solo business.
18. How do you stay up to date on SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
I spend a reasonable amount of time on “Niche Websites Twitter” and read many newsletters on those topics.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
Ha! I am addicted to coffee and never plan on quitting that addiction. Regarding food, I am a hardcore carnivore—so starting my first meal with a juicy beef steak is my power meal.
20. Where can people follow you?
You can find me on:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/MilaChervenkova
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/chervenkovamila/
- My Marketing Blog – https://milachervenkova.rocks/
BONUS: Anything else you’d like to share that can help others?
Friends, the most beautiful quality a person can have is to be authentic. Yes, it is hard to be who you are in a world where everyone wants you to be everything else but yourself. But be committed to your authentic self. And the Universe will give back to you.