(Passive Income Unlocked)
“In my opinion, the biggest keys to succeeding when building a site are to be consistent and to be patient.”
published: April 9, 2022
1. Where do you live?
2. When did you start creating content?
I started the first of our current sites back in 2017. I attempted (and failed) to build a site or two a few years prior to that.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
No, but that is the ultimate goal
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online.
Making that first dollar to prove to myself that it was actually possible to make money online was all I needed to keep myself pushing forward.
5. How many niche sites have you created?
10+ (a couple of failed attempts at affiliate sites, the current set of content sites, a couple of drop-shipping sites back in the day, and some print on demand)
6. How many are you still running now?
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
All of my initial attempts before switching to building informational sites were either failures or break even.
9. How much are you earning each month?
- $10,001 – $50,000
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
- Digital Products & Courses
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
1 – Keep it simple with headings to help Google easily understand your content.
2 – Write naturally to work in variations of your target keyword.
3 – Stick to the topic as much as possible (don’t go off on tangents or add too much fluff).
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
Scaling without a significant drop in overall quality.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
Keywords Everywhere. That’s basically it.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
Going too heavy on affiliate links and buyer-intent content several years ago, but without that mistake, I would have never gone down the current path.
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Switching to building informational sites.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Teaming up with others. We constantly share ideas, run our own experiments, and push each other. We would have never scaled to this point going solo.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
Our focus this year is to strengthen our current sites. We’re going to keep pumping out new articles, but also heavily attack internal linking, adding images, etc. to try to maximize the strength of each post.
18. How do you stay up to date on the SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
The Google News app does a great job of shoving SEO related articles in my face. I also try to watch YouTube videos occasionally, but it’s hard to find much time for that.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
20. Where can people follow you?
BONUS: Anything else you’d like to share that can help others?
In my opinion, the biggest keys to succeeding when building a site are to be consistent and to be patient. Set task-oriented goals that you can achieve daily that work toward your overall goal, and just know that if you keep at it long enough, you’re very likely to succeed.
Niche Creator Note: Read his partner Ben Esman’s Q&A.