James de Lacey
“Writing as someone who’s ‘been there, done that’ and goes against a lot of what is on page 1 gives a personal touch and authority to the content.”
published: September 10, 2022
1. Where do you live?
Austin Texas. Everything is going on here, and is the mecca for the niche I’m in.
2. When did you start creating content?
Been creating content for my career job for many years. Only started doing it for myself with an SEO focus May 2020.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, since I lost my job during the pandemic.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online?
Not wanting to be at the mercy of contract jobs, always moving worldwide for average pay.
5. How many niche sites or online businesses have you created?
6. How many are you still running now?
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
Yes early in my niche site career as a starter site. Not much.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
9. How much are you earning each month?
- $5,001 – $10,000
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Books and eBooks
- Digital Products & Courses
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
I follow most of the same rules as everyone else: keyword in title, H1. Related keywords and PAA as H2/3.
I believe my advantage comes from writing where I can talk about things other people in my niche cannot through experience and education. Writing as someone who’s “been there, done that” and goes against a lot of what is on page 1 gives a personal touch and authority to the content.
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
Getting my damn FB pixel and Google retargeting/conversions sorted! If anyone is an expert PPC guy or in this area, please reach out.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
Grammarly premium. I’m editing on there every day!
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
While I’ve done things sub-par in the past like being in niches I didn’t care much about, it’s led to where I am now. Each average site/idea has improved my processes on my current websites.
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Going into a niche where I have leverage and competitive advantage.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Same as my best decision. Being in a niche where I have an advantage.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
Scale past 5 figures every month. Build a huge membership. Start PPC traffic. Develop my physical products.
18. How do you stay up to date on SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
Talking to epic guests on the Niche Website Builders podcast. Always looking for guests so reach out!
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
The ultimate writing combo: Eat breakfast (chopped green peppers, 2 turkey bacon, 4 eggs, pineapple on the side).
Then, half a white monster with L-theanine and sit down to write and you have a crazy work session.
20. Where can people follow you?