“The process of building a money-making website is simple. Just start publishing. The more you publish, the more likely you are to build an audience and start earning moolah.”
published: May 7, 2022
1. Where do you live?
I live on a small island in the Mediterranean. The weather here is warm pretty much all year round, the people are friendly, the food is great, and we enjoy a pretty good standard of living.
I highly recommended it to any “digital nomads” reading this.
2. When did you start creating content?
Must be around 10 years ago now. If not 10, then it’s pretty close.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, I’ve been a full-time content creator since January 17th 2018.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online.
I had been slowly but surely building up my online income over time so the more I earned and saved, the less I wanted/needed the job I had. Once I reached a level of online income that could sustain me well, I decided to go all-in on my business and go full-time. Truth be told, it was a great job and maybe I should’ve kept going for a bit longer. I was working at a digital marketing agency running SEO campaigns for major brands and have learned a lot in my time there.
5. How many niche sites have you created?
Too many to count
6. How many are you still running now?
I currently have 4 “main” websites + one that seems like it will be the 5th “main” as a recent Google update catapulted its traffic. I also have a few others which I just keep around because I don’t have the heart to sell/delete.
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
Yes, I’ve sold a few websites and domains and the return was ok, but I’ve never had a “mega” exit.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
Almost all of them haha. The good thing is you only need one great website that earns you enough money to then be able to do this business full-time and have the time and budget to experiment in other avenues.
9. How much are you earning each month?
- $10,001 – $50,000
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
- Books and eBooks
- Digital Products & Courses
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
Finding great keywords (that’s my specialty) Writing direct and fluff-free content/answers targetting great keywords Internal linking (I’m realizing now how very important this is)
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
I’ve had a few issues with indexing in the past which was worrying me but I’ve found a good indexing tool and that seems to be solved.
The biggest issue I have is finding good content writers. I’m in some very weird niches and it’s very hard to find content writers who specialize in these topics and actually know what they’re writing about.
The best writers I’ve found for these obscure niches come from Quora, seeing which authors are popular/knowledgable in the topic and then asking if they’d like to write for my websites.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
ToDoIst. It’s by far the best task management tool and I run my entire life through it.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
Too many to name but I have some regrets about selling a website too early. This may be the reason why I’m reluctant to sell now.
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Going full-time with this business. It’s scary and there were some dark days, but here we are still at it.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Again I’d say quitting my job and going at it full-time (although I would not recommend this to beginners). When you take that leap of faith, you’re forced to make it happen and you also have much more time and energy to dedicate to your business thus accelerating the growth.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
For the past few months, I’ve been focused on optimizing my conversions and increasing RPMs and thus far it seems like it’s working. For the remainder of the year, I now want to focus on continuing to increase traffic, which means ramping up content publishing.
18. How do you stay up to date on the SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
I use Feedly to get the latest posts from my favorite blogs and news sources. It’s a good way to stay up to date with all the latest trends and events. I also use Twitter a lot for news and to see what other affiliates and bloggers are doing that’s working.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
Coffee. Lots of it too (but with a cut-off point at 4 pm).
20. Where can people follow you?
I only have Twitter, which you can find here @jackmoolah.
BONUS: Anything else you’d like to share that can help others?
To every beginner reading this, I’d just like to say…. don’t overcomplicate it. The process of building a money-making website is simple. Just start publishing. The more you publish, the more likely you are to build an audience and start earning moolah.