“I think everyone can make an online business work, with enough time and effort invested. You have to start, and you have to stick with it until you succeed. It sounds like a cliche, but it’s true.”
published: March 5, 2022
1. Where do you live?
I live in Oregon in the United States. The Pacific Northwest is a great place to be a content creator who loves the outdoors. Because my schedule is flexible, I can visit my favorite trails and waterways when most other people are at work.
2. When did you start creating content?
Officially in about 2016, but I didn’t get serious until 2018.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, for 3.5 years now.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online.
When I made my first $1 on an affiliate sale.
5. How many niche sites have you created?
Ha, how long do you have? I have started and stopped so many times I can’t even remember them all anymore. More than 10, maybe even more than 20.
6. How many are you still running now?
Only a handful. I have a lot of projects that are on pause right now while I focus on a few properties.
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
I haven’t sold anything.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
Many. More than 10.
9. How much are you earning each month?
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
- Books and eBooks
- Digital Products & Courses
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
Put the KW in the article title, url, and body (basically just do what Kyle Roof says).
Use other related KWs in the body, H2s, and H3s.
Answer the question or address the search intent of the reader above the fold, as soon as possible.
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
I need to bring on other people, such as dedicated writers, editors, VAs, etc, to push my sites to next level. I am a control freak, and I hate spending money.
I need to publish a lot of content this year to meet my traffic and revenue goals in 2023, and so far, without help, I am not going to meet my goals. I need to get over myself, and start the process of bringing on other individuals to help me get stuff done.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
I don’t do much with tools. I regularly utilize the WhatsMySerp chrome extension while doing keyword research, and Canva for graphics.
I use SerpRobot to track keywords. I use Ahrefs once a month or so, but I could do without it. I am testing out Link Whisper and the RankMath indexing plugin.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
Quitting on projects (online businesses, strategies, websites) before truly giving myself a chance to learn how to make them successful (failing without the learning).
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Ever? To have my children. For online business? To start taking action without asking other people around me (or ahead of me) for permission.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Meeting regularly (online via zoom or in person) with real people.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
I’d like to see the MIGA site cross $10k a month by the end of December 2022 (so it would be $0-$10k a month) in 24 months.
18. How do you stay up to date on the SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
I follow a handful of SEO youtubers that I respect, some of which I have talked to personally.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
I drink coffee in the morning and water the whole rest of the day while I am working. The water really helps keep me alert late in the afternoon.
20. Where can people follow you?
Youtube is the the best place to connect with me.
BONUS: Anything else you’d like to share that can help others?
I think everyone can make an online business work, with enough time and effort invested. You have to start, and you have to stick with it until you succeed. It sounds like a cliche, but it’s true.