Denis (Passive Sphere)
“Do at least something every day…building a business, working out or something else…Effect adds up with time and you’ll be shocked what you can achieve and how you can live having complete freedom.”
published: August 5, 2022
1. Where do you live?
Lithuania. It has low taxes for niche profits (20% up to 300k eur or 30% above)
2. When did you start creating content?
In April 2022. The website has been around as an Ecommerce store since 2017, then I transformed it into a WordPress blog.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
Yes, I’ve been running online businesses since 2013. I was selling canvas prints on Ebay during my second year at uni. Then projects were getting bigger and bigger, and I never had 9-5 job.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online?
The first day I made 32 pounds from Canvas prints as a 2nd year student, that’s like 5 hours work at a hotel, where I also worked as a part-time waiter. This caught me immediately. I had no experience at that time, I was just doing something and it worked. I immediately thought about what can be achieved if I continue working on these. I’m a goal-oriented person, I’ve been selling something since I was a teenager.
5. How many niche sites or online businesses have you created?
Around 10, few niche websites, working on one of them.
6. How many are you still running now?
One ecommerce store on autopilot which makes few thousands per month but dying. One major niche site which I’m working on, makes $3k+ per month from ads and affiliates.
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
Yes, I sold one domain with backlinks I built to. Invested around $300, sold for $12k.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
A few, I wasted around $20-30k trying to make influencer marketing work for my stores. Had an automated system which allowed me to get and manage 18k influencer applications.
9. How much are you earning each month?
- $5,001 – $10,000
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
- Just write content naturally
- Add keyword in URL
- Add FAQ schema
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
I’m still spending a lot of time monitoring and managing everything, just hired first VA in July, still training her. Working on system setup.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
- Google Autosuggest
- KW Everywhere chrome plugin
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
Not starting this business earlier. I have a feeling I would make much more money from niche websites than from ecommerce stores
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
To continue experimenting and looking for opportunities even if failed and lost a lot of money.
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
Joining an affiliate program (not Amazon) which covers website expenses in full, so I just have to invest my time.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
I’ve never thought that far, I’m more focused on smaller goals, I have a full list of them in my old phone LOL. But let’s say $1k per day from ads by the end of 2023.
18. How do you stay up to date on SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
I follow SEO communities on Twitter, Youtube, Ahrefs blog is pretty good, but SEO success is about doing something for a long time, not reading / researching for days. Basics are pretty simple.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
I drink 2L of water, up to 3 coffees a day, chicken or salmon salad with fresh veggies for dinner. Daily sports keep me healthy.
20. Where can people follow you?
@PassiveSphere on Twitter
BONUS: Anything else you’d like to share that can help others?
My quote is “Do at least something every day”.
No matter what it is: building a business, working out or something else… Effect adds up with time and you’ll be shocked what you can achieve and how you can live having complete freedom. While your friends work 60 hours a week and not even making as much per month as you make in 1-2 days spending time on the beach. Running a business is the only way to get freedom from our financial system. I encourage you to start today!