“I created my first website in 1998 and have been involved in online publishing ever since. I launched my first monetized site in 2000 and it’s taken me three years to turn a profit.”
published: May 14, 2022
1. Where do you live?
We live in the US. That helps us keep growing the company with US employees.
2. When did you start creating content?
I created my first website in 1998 and have been involved in online publishing ever since. I launched my first monetized site in 2000 and it’s taken me three years to turn a profit. My current portfolio of niche sites was developed mostly over the past five years.
3. Are you a full-time Creator?
I don’t consider myself a creator. I’m a full-time web publisher, and I outsource content creation.
4. What was the “Click” that made you decide you can make full-time money online.
My husband supported our family through the first years so I was able to pursue web publishing on a full-time scale early on. Long before the business turned a profit.
5. How many niche sites have you created?
Oh, who knows. Definitely more than 500 over more than twenty years.
6. How many are you still running now?
I believe the most recent number is 24. Only one is more than 20 years old tough. Most of our current sites are 1-5 years old.
7. Have you sold any sites or online businesses? And what was the ROI like?
I haven’t sold sites in the last few years, but I’m hoping to start selling later this year! We’re working on creating high-quality niche sites to be sold at the age of 1-2 years. Anyone who’s interested can follow me on Yeys.com for more info.
8. How many sites or online businesses have failed or not gotten going?
Depends on the definition of “failed”. Most made money and then dwindled over time as the Internet changed.
9. How much are you earning each month?
10. What are your current streams of revenue?
- Affiliate Sales
- Display Ads
11. What are your Top 3 on-page SEO strategies?
1. Provide users with good content. It’s not perfect but it’s good enough to meet the search intent. I can’t really think of any other two?
12. What’s the biggest issue(s) that you’re facing today?
Scaling beyond 700-800 posts per month. This requires hiring even more people (we already have a team of 20+ full-time people), optimizing workflows etc. Very complicated and challenging.
13. What tool(s) do you rely on the most?
WordPress, Clickup, Google Suite for emails etc.
14. What has been the biggest mistake you made?
I should have gone full in on content sites about 1-2 years sooner than I did.
15. What has been the best decision you’ve made?
Going full-in and investing over $100K before turning a profit. I won’t recommend it to newbies though – it’s certainly risky!
16. What’s one thing that you felt accelerated your journey the most?
It took me a while to outsource. Hiring my first VA’s and subsequently more people was a game changer.
17. What’s your 12 month goal?
Increase publication to more than 1500 posts per month.
18. How do you stay up to date on the SEO, affiliate marketing, display ad, and other news?
Spending time on forums (specifically the Fat Stacks forums), Twitter, and a couple of small exclusive Mastermind groups.
19. What do you eat or drink for fuel to keep going?
Lots of water!
20. Where can people follow you?
I try to blog regularly on yeys.com (including monthly revenue reports for a few sites).
I also tweet occasionally: https://twitter.com/AnneMossYeys